Approach Anxiety usually manifests when we over think things and…
Pickup is a very very very small subset of self development. It alone will not make you a happier person. If you’re an asshole, it wont fix it. If you don’t love yourself, it wont make you love yourself. If you have bad habits, it wont fix them all.
Just like everything in life, you are only good at whatever you practice, and its very specific. Working out your arms won’t give you massive legs. Think about pickup. For most interactions, they last anywhere from 0 – 10 minutes. From the sets that hook, they can last anywhere from 30 minutes to day 2’s and even maybe up to day 4 or 5’s. But that is the bread and butter of what pickup focuses on… the early stages. It will absolutely not help in long term relationships. It won’t help you make true life long friends unless you specifically work on that area. Why you ask? Because you are focused on the initial early stages of interaction. The inside always comes out and therefore no matter how interesting or how awesome you appear, people will eventually see through you.
For me, I’m glad I am in the age of my life where my education is complete and my career is stable, I can actively work and cultivate areas of my life that I chose. Its important to have balance hobbies. Here is a breakdown of my current weekly schedule:
- Work – 40 to 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Yes, its what pays the bills.
- Gym – 5 hours a week (3 times a week). Starting Strength, bench, deadlift, squat, military press, pullups, cleans, and other free weights.
- Hobbies – 8 – 10 hours a week
- Research / Travel – compliments photography as well as pickup
- Learning to dance (Chi @ http://www.clubdancelessons.com/)
- Video games (Habits never change! Heroes of Newerth, Team Fortress 2, Diablo, Starcraft)
- Investment and building wealth
- Pickup – 8 – 13 hours a week
- Sarging – 8 hours a week (Friday and Saturday)
- Side job – 5 hours a week (Coaching, building YouTube and Blog)
Next Post: Humor
Previous Post: Bodybuilders Make the Funniest Relationship Responses